• Welcome to International Application Developers Network. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 05:22:27 am

Recent posts

Pages1 2 3 ... 10
Training Camp Discussion / Welcome
Last post by Steve Wood - July 18, 2021, 07:33:00 am
Use this topic to share ideas about the TrainingCamp.
Member Introductions / Low-Code Advocate / New to Alp...
Last post by kvnlwlls - January 23, 2021, 09:43:13 pm
Looking forward to getting up to speed, and working within the Alpha low-code IDE.

Mobile and Browser Applications / Re: Internal Server Error
Last post by r.gamble@morrow.com - November 16, 2020, 05:47:10 am
I thought I'd follow this up real quick. After working with Alpha support for a couple days, they sent me some specific, temporary hotfixes to find out where the problem was happening. They weren't able to reproduce the problem but were able to track down the location in my code that was causing the issue. It turned out that Alpha itself was having trouble with the size of an onclick event for a checkbox control. Apparently, the size was around 4K. Their suggestion was that I put the code into a function and then just call the function in the onclick.

I have since gone with their suggestion, but initially, I went into the onclick code and removed blank lines, comments and a couple console.log calls. This cut the code in about half. As soon as I published those changes, it started working right and has been fine. Just to be safe, I created the function and call it from the onclick code. Both solutions worked.

The gentleman I worked with was Terry Smith and I was very happy with his work on this.
Mobile and Browser Applications / Internal Server Error
Last post by r.gamble@morrow.com - October 27, 2020, 07:13:13 am
Hello -

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything they've experienced with an Internal Error 500 referring to  the script error in CompileStringTemplate() line:16.

We are getting this error sporadically in a single grid component. Usually if we close the error page and reopen, it is successful. It appears to be coming from the Alpha code but I'm assuming I'm doing something in my XBasic that is triggering it. By the way, we are using Alpha integrate with IIS.

It seems to be getting through all my startup code like OnGridInitialize, onSQLCountQuery, onSQLSelectQuery, etc as I've put logging throughout.

I've enabled Request Failed Tracing in IIS and when the problem occurs, it logs a whole bunch of "The specified network name is no longer available" errors I've attached an image on the error and the Request Failed Trace log in case it helps at all.

Very difficult to trace this problem to anything specific in XBasic...

Thanks for any help there may be on this
Mobile and Browser Applications / Re: Need Some Creative Assista...
Last post by mumfie - February 28, 2020, 09:08:00 am
maybe request a combination of zip code, 4 digit date/time related random code and limit the maximum number of retries.
Member Introductions / Rob Polley - Norwalk, CT
Last post by robpolley@gmail.com - February 18, 2020, 01:38:48 pm
I use Alpha to run my swim lesson business.

Member Introductions / Re: Rick Polito from Sydney Au...
Last post by rickp@axsapt.com.au - February 16, 2020, 01:58:56 pm
Spot on! I've attended a couple of webinars but it's hard to get up that early after a Friday night :-)
Last post by Steve Wood - February 14, 2020, 01:41:19 am
Oh, now you've got to come to an IADN webinar to showcase. But I know that means I have to also bring the webinar to a timezone near you as a trade.
Last post by rickp@axsapt.com.au - February 13, 2020, 09:46:01 pm
Quote from: Steve Wood on February 13, 2020, 08:13:18 pmAre those mobile apps written on Alpha?

Yes all are 100% Alpha. Steve if you'd like a full login to the Openground App so you can see all the available meditations, send me a private email.
Last post by Steve Wood - February 13, 2020, 08:13:18 pm
Rick,

First "we" are working on getting a lower entry point for Alpha and I will include your idea for smaller connection applications.

So, this may shock others, maybe not, but (referencing your Mindfulness App) I hang out with people in that profession - trainers, conscious dance, and so on,, here in the San Francisco Bay Area. I will show your application to a few of them after I get to know it better. Are those mobile apps written on Alpha?
Pages1 2 3 ... 10
-->