Alpha Developers Network

Author Topic: XBASIC - Keeping code snippets outside of Alpha IDE  (Read 948 times)

factotum

XBASIC - Keeping code snippets outside of Alpha IDE
« on: September 09, 2013, 09:03:37 AM »
Does anybody know the closest programming language (in general use) that would form a good default syntax highlighter basis for Alpha's Xbasic?

Paul

factotum

factotum

Re: XBASIC - Keeping code snippets outside of Alpha IDE
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 02:17:07 PM »
Paul,

Can you explain a bit differently? 

The closest languages to xbasic are the ones that say basic in them like: basic, purebasic, etc.

If you are looking for a container to hold all of your code snippets, you might look at aptana studio or notepad++ that are free.  I believe both of these, you would copy/design your code and save the code to a file on disk.\

You also have for pure storage the memo files in a dbf structure in alpha's scheme. 

Not sure exactly what you are looking for though.

Dave, I am not much of a fan of the code editor in Alpha and as I don't use Alpha very much now I want to use a third party code snippet tool as a repository for examples of the Xbasic that I have coded to date. I just hoped there was a description of the colour coding used in the Alpha IDE for syntax highlighting. I assume that Xbasic was originally based on another mainstream Basic and I was hoping that I could find a snippet manager for that language where the syntax highlighting would be the same. It looks as though Peter has identified something I can use, so I'll take a look and let you know how I get on.

Thanks, Paul