Alpha Developers Network

Author Topic: Query on Install Maker  (Read 712 times)

BruceAustralia

Query on Install Maker
« on: May 04, 2014, 01:28:54 AM »
Hi  We are new to the platform and Alpha

My Team in the Philipines have been producing the Search Engine

We produce the Australian Telephone Residential and Business Directories
I will set out our plans as we would like to seek advice on this

Our immediate issue is the following and I hope someone may know an answer

I fired it off to alpha but no response to date.

Anyway, Aphasoftware 12 took out the installmaker. This means that we cannot customised anymore the icons, the installation process for the client. This is very important because when the client sees their logo being shown while installing the program they will feel that it was customised for them and they own the program. Now that is not there, the only way to install it is to compressed it and then copy to the folder and the alpha software will shows up instead of their own logo.

Very much appreciate any assistance or guidance

Steve Wood

• Administrator
  • Expert
    • AlphaToGo
Re: Query on Install Maker
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 05:14:52 AM »
I use a product named Actual Installer (http://www.actualinstaller.com/).

It allows you to set icons, etc for installation. For my Desktop Runtime applications, I store a full copy of the Runtime on MY server and the Actual Installer routine knows to go grab that and download (so I do not have to include that huge file in my application download.)
---
Steve Wood
www.alphatogo.com

Rimmel

Re: Query on Install Maker
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 07:38:51 AM »
I use a product named Actual Installer (http://www.actualinstaller.com/).

It allows you to set icons, etc for installation. For my Desktop Runtime applications, I store a full copy of the Runtime on MY server and the Actual Installer routine knows to go grab that and download (so I do not have to include that huge file in my application download.)

I haven't used Actual Installer myself (never needed), but I heard also this is a good app for desirable customization.
+1