Alpha Developers Network

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I think you This comment has been very helpful for me.
General Discussion / Download Videos
« Last post by Neville Dearham on October 09, 2017, 08:28:14 AM »
Hi Steve,

Leaving for the conference shortly. Would like to download videos to flash drive and then watch on phone as we are not able to take out Laptops into the cabin(must be in hold).
Ideal time to learn(newbie).
Is it possible.
Regards
Neville Dearham
Member Introductions / Intro
« Last post by Neville Dearham on October 07, 2017, 02:58:12 AM »
Hi Guys,

Neville Dearham, from Cape Town, South Africa. I consider myself to be a total newbie to Alpha Anywhere.
Have done a small app to run on mobile about 2 years ago and have not touched Alpha since due to other workload.
Now I am back and want to get totally involved in this product.
Will be attending the conference this year (did attend one 2 years ago) and hope to learn lots.

Best regards

Neville
 :)
Best Practices / time stamp
« Last post by rich the lock on August 14, 2017, 07:34:08 PM »
Is this forum still on? j/k

I'm having some trouble creating a time stamp in Alpha. I have created a field in MySQL that is a timestamp field. When it comes to my UX control, I'm still unsure of where to put the javascript(if any), and which lines of code to use. I've tried multiple variations I've pulled off of Javascript websites, but my lack of knowledge in JS is tripping me up. Can anyone out there help?
Alpha Web Application Server for IIS / IIS lag issue - internet monitor utility
« Last post by JChasko on August 04, 2017, 10:55:26 AM »
In the IADN user group meeting today, a problem with IIS lag was discussed. Perhaps something mysterious in Microsoft server overhead, or connectivity. There is a very simple Windows utility that logs excessive ping times to three different sites. Sometimes Speedtest.net or Fast.com will report reasonably high transfer times while lag can be excessive. At any rate, it provides a log to get your ISP to fix persistent issues.
https://netuptimemonitor.com/
Jim Coltz - JQuery Calendar / Re: starttime and endtime not being saved properly
« Last post by Jim Coltz on March 04, 2017, 08:46:34 AM »
I am happy to hear you have it sorted out.
Jim Coltz - JQuery Calendar / Re: starttime and endtime not being saved properly
« Last post by Laurencia on March 04, 2017, 08:44:10 AM »
After further experimentation, it appears your theory is correct.

Thank you.
« Last post by Laurencia on March 04, 2017, 07:53:12 AM »
The MySQL table was created using the MySQL script at http://www.a5customsolutions.com/jqcalendar_docs.html

The table columns are StartTime (datetime) and EndTime (datetime).

onDialogInitialize has dim e._state.separate_date_times set false

Is the above as required?

« Last post by Jim Coltz on March 04, 2017, 07:28:26 AM »
It sounds like the data binding for the UX is not set up correctly. Please verify your mapping. Note that the mapping is dependent on whether your back-end is using separate date and time columns or date-time columns. Also verify that the back-end database is configured to match.
Jim Coltz - JQuery Calendar / starttime and endtime not being saved properly
« Last post by Laurencia on March 03, 2017, 08:35:21 AM »
Upon entry of a new record (from the detail/edit UX form, in LivePreview mode), the INSERT (MySQL) fails apparently due to missing (wrong format) data:

:jqcalendar_starttime (T) 10/22/2017 12:00:00 00 am
:jqcalendar_endtime (C) 10:37 am

1292 - 'Incorrect datetime value: '10:37 am' for column 'EndTime' at row 1'

Where the DATE portion does exist, the TIME seems to be getting submitted as the DATE, and the time is always 12:00:00 00 am regardless of setting in the form.  Why is the datatype showing T on starttime, but C on endtime?

This is quite confusing.

Often, the Date portion is missing altogether (although the time is then properly submitted as the time).

The jqcalendar.aex file is dated 8/31/2015
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10