Alpha Developers Network

Author Topic: best Practices - Alpha Five Project Development Guideline  (Read 2094 times)

Charles Parker

• NWCO PRO
Re: best Practices - Alpha Five Project Development Guideline
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »
This is such a valuable asset - thank you for taking the time number one and secondly for putting some thought into the presentation of it. Looks GREAT!

Sad to see I am violating nearly every best practice - ha!
But it does look like I can fix my issues fairly easily, I guess I was waging one serious war when I was researching all of my dev options prior to settling on Alpha5 and then during the learning curve of that...

I think I tried every PHP and RAD system out there naming so many different projects and test scenarios I was afraid to delete anything however now I am more confident with what relates to my now working App in Alpha.

Thanks again - nice job!
Having done nothing in life, what would we have to remember?

Charles Parker

• NWCO PRO
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 07:55:22 AM »
I think I can add to the list if it is NOT already listed somewhere. I've read it but briefly and only a couple of times!

The first SEEMS like it's so simple, but thats often whats gets overlooked...The second one ah I think is easy to create...

1. If you set up field validation to require a NOT NULL value - you should always set the initial value to something other than the default NULL. Especially if more than one component uses the table. This will cause errors later on otherwise.

2. Always compare field validation rules between Grid and UX components if they access the same table.

Rewrite it if you wish or toss it if its already in there or not worthy - but for me it's a best practice!
Having done nothing in life, what would we have to remember?

Steve Wood

• Administrator
  • Expert
    • AlphaToGo
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 08:57:20 AM »
I will attempt to update the Best Practices doc over the holiday. It needs some simplification and V12 items.
---
Steve Wood
www.alphatogo.com