Alpha Developers Network

Author Topic: A5V11 Row Expanders  (Read 964 times)

clivevdmescht

A5V11 Row Expanders
« on: December 27, 2011, 10:30:10 PM »
I'm having difficulty in getting the grid row expander option to work. I have 3 grids Products (Music Catalogue), ProductSongs (Product TrackListing) and ProductSongOwners (Music Publishers on each song) all linked. I want to display the ProductSongOwners as Row Expanders under each song on the ProductSong grid, but somehow Alpha Five keeps on returning the Track Nbr 1 no matter what track is clicked / expanded on the grid. If I add a linked content section with the grid displaying at the bottom the correct value is returned.

I'm currently using V11, but had the same issue on V10.5

All help on this would be appreciated.

Steve Wood

• Administrator
  • Expert
    • AlphaToGo
Re: A5V11 Row Expanders
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 11:05:58 PM »
I know you said a similar linked content worked, but this sounds like an incorrect linking field.
---
Steve Wood
www.alphatogo.com

clivevdmescht

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 12:06:56 AM »
Not sure why this is happening - I've rebuilt the grid and it still doesnt return the correct result. I have even include both the Linked Content Grid and Row Expanders from the same Grid Source and the Linked content displays the correct data, but not the Row Expanders. The row expanders only change once the "catalogue / item code" changes and then it selects the first record in the DB.

As detailed below, I have 3 Grids with the Products (Music Catalogue) grid being the main / primary grid - I then have a Button on the Grid that the user clicks to open the Track Listing for the particular product - this then opens the ProductSongs grid with the track listing for the product selected on the Products grid. When the user clicks on the individual tracks they retrieve the Ownership data from the ProductSongOwners grid and this is where the problem occurs. Both the Row expander and Linked Content grids (from ProductSongs to ProductSongOwners) are linked on songcode = songcode, but the Row Expanders only return the ownership details of the 1st record in the ProductSongs table and seems as if the SONGCODE doesn't refresh.

Not sure if there is another way around this?

Steve Wood

• Administrator
  • Expert
    • AlphaToGo
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 09:20:15 AM »
Not possible to figure it out from discussion, are you interested in hiring one of the IADN Developers to review your case?
---
Steve Wood
www.alphatogo.com

clivevdmescht

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 09:33:16 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Steve. I have managed to figure out the problem. I was using MYSQL views to populate the grids and on the ADO connection I didn't include the SongCode as a primary key. One little tick box that has caused way to much headache.

If you do have developers down in South Africa please forward me the details as I do have projects that would need help with.

PeterGreulich

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 02:21:18 PM »
If you do have developers down in South Africa please forward me the details as I do have projects that would need help with.
Although it is certainly nice to have a local developer at times, it isn't really necessary in most cases. I think I only have 3 or 4 clients within striking range, IOW's within driving distance. One of those clients I have regular weekly meetings with on site, another 1-2X per year, and yet another never. Most of my clients are out of state all over the USA and sometimes beyond. Email, remote desktop, videos, PayPal, etc go a long way in mitigating distance.