Alpha Developers Network

Author Topic: V3 Framework and Xara Website Design Software  (Read 859 times)

411tech

V3 Framework and Xara Website Design Software
« on: May 28, 2013, 04:19:02 PM »
Steve:

Do you have any feedback with your users of your Framework and Xara Website software?  Xara comes free with Alpha subscription and I have recently watched the training videos for the product and it looks like you can create really nice looking sites with the product.

That is not to say that websites using your framework do not look nice.  In fact, I find the sites created with your framework to be clean, easy to use, and easy to learn.  As with most website design software, you can easily go overboard and make a site unusable.  I would like to know if I could take your framework and incorporate some of the design features that Xara offer.

Barry Kucher

Steve Wood

• Administrator
  • Expert
    • AlphaToGo
Re: V3 Framework and Xara Website Design Software
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 06:28:46 AM »
A while back I created a site using Xara. I never took it all the way to make a demo or explain "how", but the Xara pages were changed to A5W extension, then I added in modified versions of my inc_header_head.a5w, inc_header_body.a5w, inc_header_footer.a5w on to each page. The Framework needs those to make a bunch of things work like security. Then I tried all the normal Framework functions (listed in the User Guid) like wt_setup() and wt_content() and all of those worked perfect.

The main problem I have with Xara and other generators is you end up with massive amounts of HTML on each of your pages and have to manage them individually.
---
Steve Wood
www.alphatogo.com