• Welcome to International Application Developers Network. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 02:38:25 am

Rick Polito from Sydney Australia

Started by rickp@axsapt.com.au, February 13, 2020, 03:38:21 pm

rickp@axsapt.com.au

Spot on! I've attended a couple of webinars but it's hard to get up that early after a Friday night :-)

Steve Wood

Oh, now you've got to come to an IADN webinar to showcase. But I know that means I have to also bring the webinar to a timezone near you as a trade.
---
Steve Wood
www.alphatogo.com

rickp@axsapt.com.au

Quote from: Steve Wood on February 13, 2020, 08:13:18 pmAre those mobile apps written on Alpha?

Yes all are 100% Alpha. Steve if you'd like a full login to the Openground App so you can see all the available meditations, send me a private email.

Steve Wood

Rick,

First "we" are working on getting a lower entry point for Alpha and I will include your idea for smaller connection applications.

So, this may shock others, maybe not, but (referencing your Mindfulness App) I hang out with people in that profession - trainers, conscious dance, and so on,, here in the San Francisco Bay Area. I will show your application to a few of them after I get to know it better. Are those mobile apps written on Alpha?
---
Steve Wood
www.alphatogo.com

rickp@axsapt.com.au

Hi Everyone.

Firstly thanks Steve for setting up this forum. It's been very useful for me as an Alpha newbie.

I got involved with Alpha when I attended the Boston 2014 annual conference (the one with the Elephant in the room). It was a slow start and it was difficult to get our full time developer on board (he loves programming in C# and would prefer to write an operating system rather than boring business systems) so I prototyped and he completed Openground Mindfulness Training, our first Alpha iOS/Android app in 2016. This app is quite successful for our customer but not for us financially as we didn't think of charging for the number of users which is now over 1,000.

We then developed an iPad Alpha app (not published) for a USA Medical Products Subsidiary, which helped them secure a multi-million dollar tender in Australia. This was also a fixed price contract for us.

Our third Alpha app was for an Australian Office Plant Hire company in 2018 also privately published. Our in house developer was busy working on another project so this was the first complete Alpha app I developed. It's is still in use and our customer is very happy with the productivity gains from it.

Last year, we secured another plant hire company contract and again our developer was too busy, so I developed it mostly after hours and on weekends over a few months. This time we published it on the AppStore and PlayStore and charged a substantial build charge and a per device license which is awesome as they now have 60+ devices and the company is expanding rapidly.

BTW Apple don't like publishing specific company apps, like this Frenchams Service App and try and get you to publish these on their corporate AppStore. After a few weeks trialing the corporate AppStore without much success, they thankfully relented and released that app on the general AppStore.

Our goal for this year is to develop low cost general purpose wider reaching business apps. Our first is a Fixed Assets Management Alpha App developed as a multi-tenanted app sharing the one Alpha Server.

Our C# developer has also taken an Expense Alpha App my business partner protyped and modified it so it uses a custom developed REST server on our license server and another on the clients' web servers to post transactions back to their accounting SQL databases. I wasn't too keen on that project as has been very costly to develop and maintain and I'd rather use the Alpha Server on all our apps.

It's a shame that Alpha doesn't seem to have a lower cost Alpha Server model (e.g. up to 20 concurrent connections) that would make it more affordable for some of our smaller clients. Is this something that interests other IADN members?

BTW I'd love to connect to other Alpha Developers in Australia and New Zealand to share ideas and work opportunities.

Here are our current public apps on the stores:

-->